Life, Family, the Heart of Me: My Hodgepodge Post

~Our Family~

~Our Family~

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Hodgepodge Post

  If you could look inside my brain, you'd be grateful I haven't posted anything new in the past couple weeks.  It is an absolute jumbled mess.  If I have more than a handful of things to focus on at once, my mind becomes a haven for chaos and traffic jams.  

  As my faithful readers know, I often go way off track in my posts.  Today, you'll be "blessed" with a hodgepodge of thoughts. Most of this is just to get the thoughts out of my head so I can free up some of the space in my brain.  Some is me being real and showing you that we all deal with chaos in our lives.  And some is to be an encouragement.  Take what you will and forget the rest.

  Thought #1: We're still adjusting a bit to Jeff's schedule.  I think I've finally found a way for the kids and I to function in the midst of these awkward hours alone.  Just yesterday, I finally put my foot down and changed our school schedule.  I always had it in my mind that we needed to begin school in the morning in order to find success each day.  This was a silly notion, because a couple of us are most definitely not morning people.  In fact, I think I only have one genuine morning person in the bunch, but she is chipper all day, as long as she's fed. So we're trying out a new schedule for the next week or two.  If it works, we'll keep it.  If it doesn't, we'll toss it.

  Thought #2: Our family is also on the verge of another move.  We live quite far from Jeff's new job and a good distance from most of our friends and family, so this wonderful little town is no longer the right fit for us.  Anyone who has ever moved knows how stressful it can be.  The searching for a new place, the packing, the moving heavy objects, the time it takes to feel settled in your new home.  We're still in the searching phase and I'm ready for it to be over.  We have moved a lot over the years.  Way too much.  This next move is temporary.  We won't be settling... it's just another jumping pad to yet another home in the near future.  It's okay.  It's not the end of the world.  It's not my preference, but we have to do what we have to do.  It's one more step toward our ultimate goal, so I'll try to take this step as gracefully as humanly possible.

  Thought #3: I may very well be going stir-crazy, too, and I can't blame the abundance of snow Michigan has been hit with lately.  My hubby and I currently share a car, so my window of time to get out and about before he heads to his job every day is slim to none.  Grocery shopping with one or two kids in tow has been the highlight of my winter life since the holidays have passed.  I can't complain too much.  I am the ultimate homebody, but there comes a point when being home too much can drive anyone mad. Which brings me back to the move.  The closer I am to my friends and family, the more often I'll see them.  See, I'm being positive. ;)

  Thought #4: While Jeff and I seem to be holding up well through all of our hiccups and struggles, I have family members who are dealing with things as well.  Things that aren't mine to share, and things that are out of my hands.  I hurt for them, pray for them, and these things affect me more than they'll know.  That's the thing about family... when one faces sickness, heartache, or hard times, we all face it together.

  Thought #5: Life isn't all bad and stressful right now.  While there are many time consuming issues that we're dealing with, I couldn't have asked for a better man to walk through life with.  I feel that our marriage has become stronger in the past few months than it has over the past twelve years.  There is a deeper connection and a higher level of trust than I've experienced, and it is refreshing to let go and allow Jeff to be the husband he's been proving himself to be over and over throughout our marriage.  I'm a tough shell to break, and he's a patient, patient man.

  More Thoughts:

  We've had some fun in our little hermit hut... the Tooth Fairy paid Logie Bear a visit... twice in one week, KayKay made cute masks and the kids have been getting very creative in their free time, Ellie Belle has been improving upon her princess/diva/ballerina skills, HayHay has been cooking up a storm, I've been enjoying alone nights watching shows and movies with each child, and we've had visitors every now and then.  These are some of the little moments that keep me going.

  Life has swooped me up into a fast moving whirlwind all while forcing me to stay put and practice patience at the same time.  The great thing is, despite all the nay-saying from outsiders, and despite some stressful circumstances, the Lord has really given me peace about it all.  I've had my moments of doubt, but He has gently, but quickly helped me to snap out of them every time.  God is good, even when life can be hard.  God is here in the good times and bad.

  We all go through different seasons in life.  We all face trials and tribulations.  We are all blessed with victories.  I can't imagine going through life without Jesus.  I can't imagine how lonely that would be.  He is my constant.  He is the rock I cling to when I need a solid foundation.  He is the loving arms I run to when I need comfort.  He is the first to cheer with me when things go right.  God is the ultimate Friend, Father, Coach, Cheerleader, and Superhero.  He is everything to me and I can't begin to express how grateful I am to be His child.  If you're going through stressful situations and need the best of friends to help you through, turn to Jesus.  There is no better friend in the world.

  Jeff and I will get through these obstacles.  We've been through much, much worse.  We'll face more trials down the road.  Bring it on, life! Bring it on!  With God by our side, we will come out victorious!  So will you, friends.  Face your storms with the ultimate Superhero by your side.  You will not be disappointed.

  If you need prayer or encouragement this week, please don't hesitate to contact me.  I know I have benefited greatly from the support of friends and family.  I've been through a lot, so I am no stranger to the stresses and sorrows of life.  It would be my privilege to pray with you through your hard times... and praise God with you through your good times.


Be blessed!

~Em


No comments:

Post a Comment