Life, Family, the Heart of Me: The Importance of Family

~Our Family~

~Our Family~

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Importance of Family

    I'm noticing more and more the decline of respect for the sanctity of marriage and family in today's society.  It saddens me.  It really does.  I would bend over backwards for my family... I would die for my family.

    Cheating is so common that people barely bat a lash when they hear of it.  Women throw themselves at married men without a second thought... and vice versa.  Children are hurt through the selfishness of their parents, or the sheer neglect to see that something might be going on with their child. People live for the moment with no regard for the consequences.

    Don't get me wrong, I am more than aware of my faults as a wife and mother, but you bet your bottom dollar that all of Hell could not contain my fury if the safety of my family unit was compromised in any way.  I will work hard to be sure nothing comes between my marriage... even if that means I have to admit my faults and make serious changes in my own habits, for the sake of showing respect to my husband.  I will work equally as hard to protect my children from the deceitful thoughts or harmful circumstances that could be thrown their way.

    Please don't take this as an attack on you if your family has been broken in some way.  My heart in all of this is that I'd like us all to realize we really need to take a step back and see how our actions are affecting our families.  If the things I do support my family as a whole, I will keep on keeping on.  If the path I take is detrimental or threatening or even remotely taking anything from my family, I need to drop it, and fast.

    We're all trying to get ahead in this life.  We're all trying to pursue our dreams, but at what expense?  If we become so self involved, it opens us up to a whole new world of temptation and hurt. If we live for ourselves first, and for our families second, our loved ones get thrown by the wayside while we, often unknowingly, scar them beyond belief... and eventually hurt ourselves with an abundance of guilt, regret, and loneliness.

  Some think I'm one of those crazy moms who shelters her children and puts too much of herself into her marriage and family.  If that's what you want to think, so be it.  I'm fine with being crazy if that means my kids can be kids for as long as possible while watching their parents tackle life together as a team.  I'm fine with being crazy if that means that I can fall asleep at the end of the day knowing my family is loved and secure.  I'm fine with being crazy if that means the vows my husband and I made to each other stand until death parts us.  I'm fine with being crazy if that means I can come to God when things are bad, unashamed, and allow Him to heal me, forgive me, pat me on the back, and beam with pride at my passion for the beautiful people He has blessed me with.

  I am so laid back with people.  I can see past their flaws and love them anyway.  I can put up with a lot for the sake of showing love and compassion to those I interact with.  I try to be kind and peaceful and forgiving.  I try to let go of the things that annoy or hurt me, but I have a line... a line that is dangerous to cross.  Anyone who dares to cross that line is playing with much more than fire.  Threaten my family, you'll see what I mean... But for the sake of my desire to be sweet and smiley and friendly, and for the sake of your well-being, I pray you never come close to crossing that line.

    If your husband or wife share my sentiment, consider yourself blessed.  If you share my sentiment, your family is in good hands.  I pray more and more people come to realize the importance of family.  I pray that they can open their hearts to what the Lord has to say to them so that when red flags arise, they can be put to rest before any real threats hurt their family.

    I'm going to fight for my family to the death.  I'm going to set aside those dreams that might get in the way of our well being, and revisit them, only when it works for our family as a unit.  I'm going to cut ties with anyone who would threaten our family in any way.  I'll continue to take pride in the gifts God has given me, because I know how easily they can be taken away.  God didn't bless me with my amazing husband and incredible children for me to throw them away.  He blessed me with them, trusts me with them so that we can go through this life together, with Him.  I refuse to give that up for anything or anyone.



   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment