Life, Family, the Heart of Me: In His Hands

~Our Family~

~Our Family~

Monday, October 20, 2014

In His Hands

    Lately life seems to be bombarding my hubby and I with stressful situations.  Being in my third trimester, with my ever increasing hormone-induced cry sessions probably doesn't help the matter.

    I'm sure anyone reading this can relate to the stresses of life.  They sure can bog you down, test your faith, and wreak havoc, if you let them.

    The Lord showed Himself many times throughout our struggles over the years.  Sometimes we completely miss it, but on days like today, He made sure I knew He has this.

    I've cried a lot lately.  I've spent more time than I care to admit worrying about important things... but really little things when you think of the size of our God.  I let the fear of the future, the fear of failure, the fear of the unknown sink its ugly claws into my spirit and while parts of me fought against this fear, much of me was ready to throw in the towel.

    Today, God showed me just how powerful He is.  He showed me just how much He loves me and that I need not worry about any of this.  I am His and He will provide for me, shelter me, nourish me, and love on me through it all.  He will make sure my needs are met, not because of anything I've done, but because I am HIS.

    This morning, I cried because of powerful words that spoke to me through a message from a friend.  Later, I let that fear take hold, and I had to fight back those dreaded tears of worry.  It was almost as if God's first attempt was wiped from my memory.  He wasn't having that, so He showed me again, tonight, through His provision, that He has this.  He's always had everything under control.  I just couldn't see it through those fears.  I couldn't see it through my worry-filled tears.  So when He showed Himself for a second time today... in a way that was slightly louder than the first, I wept tears of joy and relief.

    He has been here all along.  He will always be here.  How often I forget that I'm not alone.  How often I forget that Jeff and I are walking through this life under His wing.  How patient He is for picking us up, brushing us off, and helping us navigate the course time and time again.

    If you are anything like me... if you have forgotten just Who holds you in His hands, because of worry, fear, heartache, or times of trouble, please hear me when I say that God HAS you.  He's holding you right now.  He knows the plans He has for you... and His plans are for your good.  His joy is your joy.  His peace is your peace.

    I don't know how long our time is here on this earth, but I do know this... no matter how far the journey, no matter how many obstacles we face in this life, He is ALWAYS here.  He will never leave us.  He will never forsake us.  Yes, life can be so hard.  Horrible things can happen.  But our God makes beauty from ashes.  He makes all things new.  Rest in that tonight.

   Oh, the sweet sleep I'll enjoy, now that I've opened my eyes to the power of the One who loves me.  A lesson learned time and time again, but it is always as new and encouraging as ever.  I pray sweet sleep over you too, friend.  Open your heart to the Lord and allow Him to show you that everything will be okay, because He desires that for you.  Open your hands to His blessings, and remember what He does for you, so you can be of great value and encouragement to another who might need to hear of your victories.

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment