Life, Family, the Heart of Me: Menu: Week 1

~Our Family~

~Our Family~

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Menu: Week 1

  I'm starting something new here on the blog.  I hope that you find it helpful, as I always appreciate good dinner ideas.  I have used various free menu sites, such as grocerybudget101.com as a base point in my menu planning in the past, and continue to check it out now and then while searching for ideas.  Now that I've been menu planning for a while, I pick and choose various meals for my family and take advantage of cookbooks, websites, and of course Pinterest to provide delicious recipes for us to try.

  I am a big fan of casseroles and one-dish dinners as you will see this week.  I must have had a craving or two.  ;)  Here is what we'll be eating this week.  Warning: This week's menu is neither vegetarian nor paleo-friendly, so if you're looking for inspiration, you'll have a LOT of tweaking to do! ;) Here's what we're eating... I'll include links and recipes at the end of our list. Enjoy!

Terry Family Menu: Week 1

Breakfast Options: 
*Fresh fruit is always available as a side
~eggs & hashbrowns
~bacon, egg, cheese, & veggie tortillas
~oatmeal & fresh fruit
~pb toast and bananas
~cereal and fruit (added later due to incredible sales)

Lunch Options:
*We always serve fresh veggies and/or fruit on the side
~egg salad sandwiches or wraps
~cucumber wraps
~deli or pb&j sandwiches
~leftovers

Dinner:
*Hot veggies or side salad served with each meal
*I should note that I often leave 2 days menu-free for company, leftovers, those nights we don't feel like cooking, and for those times Jeff gets the urge to grill some grub. :)
~Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
~Santa Fe Chili Casserole
~Rice, Bean, Broccoli, and Cheese Casserole
~Tater Tot Casserole
~Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
~Leftovers

Snack Options:
~popcorn
~fresh fruit
~veggies and dip
~crackers
~string cheese
~yogurt

As far as drinks go, we push water like none other.  The kids drink milk or orange juice occasionally.


This Week's Recipes:

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Found on Pinterest  (click the Pinterest link to reach the recipe)



Santa Fe Chili Casserole
Found on GroceryBudget101.com  Hayden will be making this for his cooking show.  Can't wait to try it! :)

Rice, Bean, Broccoli, & Cheese Casserole
I'm just throwing this casserole together.  Eyeball your ingredients and add your favorite seasonings. :)

Tater Tot Casserole
Yes, I'm a Duggar Fan! Find the recipe on their website here.

Grilled Cheese & Soup
We opted for tomato soup this week.  Find a recipe for that and other delicious soups on my Good Eats ~ Soups, Stews, & Chili board on Pinterest.


As you can see, we keep it simple, and really try to load the kids up on fruits and veggies as much as possible. Not every recipe we make is the healthiest thing out there, but we're big on enjoying food and making sure to eat the best we can while maintaining a palatable menu for the kids.  I will do my best to keep up with my menu posts every week.  If I fall behind, please forgive me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment