Life, Family, the Heart of Me: Don't Give Up ~ PRAY

~Our Family~

~Our Family~

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Don't Give Up ~ PRAY

    As I sat on my couch this morning, scrolling through Facebook on my phone, I became discouraged by the many posts that reminded me of the direction in which our country is headed.  We're losing our freedoms, bit by bit.  Riots happen left and right.  Political arguments become so heated that friendships can't survive the pressure.  We are a nation divided over every.little.thing and it absolutely breaks my heart.

    I wanted to give up on this country.  I have for a while.  I was losing all hope that things would ever change for the better.  As I sat there, scrolling, sulking, and sipping on my coffee, the wind picked up a bit outside my window, and my neighbor's flag started waving at me, as if to say, "Don't give up.  PRAY."

    You see, it is easy to head for the hills when things go wrong, especially when it comes to wanting to protect your family from threats that could pop that safe, happy bubble that surrounds them.  I wanted to run... I know that much.  The problem is, when you run.... you are motivated by fear.  The Bible tells us not to fear.  The Bible tells us to cast all our cares upon Jesus.  He is so powerful, so mighty, and loves all of us so much.

    While I will continue to fight for my freedoms, and stand up for what I believe in, I need to remember to pray like crazy for our country.  A country that has incredible potential.  A country that blesses us more than we understand, even in the midst of division, corrupt power, and battles of all kinds.  We must love the land we live in, through thick and thin.  We must pray for our people, our government (no matter how hard that may be for some of us, *cough cough*), and especially the generation who will take over after us.

    I will not operate out of fear.  I will defend my family and our rights.  I will stand up against the things that threaten our freedoms, but I will not run.  I will pray.  I will pray without ceasing, because I owe that to the country I call "home."

    Political unrest, mommy wars, disease, earthquakes, riots, lions, tigers, and bears have NOTHING over the power of the ONE who holds us in His hands.  He wants good for us.  Bring your fears and concerns to His feet.  Set them down, look into His eyes, cling to that comfort only He can provide, and find that peace that He so lovingly put into my heart today.  While the world erupts in chaos all around us, there is a calm when we put our trust in Jesus.

~Em



No comments:

Post a Comment